Welcome to Women in News Advisory
WIN Advisory is a new division of Women in News. It delivers bespoke, in-house advice and training services on key operational and management issues to help media improve their gender balance track record and achieve operational excellence.
WIN Advisory partners will benefit from 5 principle offerings over the course of a 6-9 months period:
1. Strategic business planning
Mid-level and senior managers will learn the fundamentals of how to build a business case and budget for internal projects and proposals. A crucial skill for any media professional on the management track.
2. Career management strategies
Mid-level and senior level managers will work with WIN Coaches to develop their 3-5 year career paths within your organisation. Built upon WIN’s individualised coaching curriculum.
3. Mobile News Reporting
Editorial teams will learn new techniques to produce visual and editorial content for mobile to help develop their skillsets for new platforms.
4. Gender Balance in the News
5. Gender Balance throughout the Organisation
Customized coaching with members of the executive team to develop a gender equality framework, including but not exclusive to:
– Introducing sexual harassment policies and anti-discrimination procedures
– Sensitisation training for media managers and newsroom staff
– Developing key stakeholder buy-in from the board level through to the newsroom
– Establishing gender diversity targets and supporting action plans
– Access to monthly reports to verify gender balance in news content through corporate access to the WAN-IFRA gender balance index
– Annual gender diversity barometer reports to benchmark progress and identify blockages in meeting organisational gender diversity goals
Upon completion of the 5 WIN Advisory modules, clients will additionally be eligible for:
– Complimentary 12 month corporate membership to WAN-IFRA.
– Complimentary enrolment of up to 20 high potential mid level managers to the WIN online media management foundation year course that was developed for Women in News by FrayIntermedia.
Currently the full suite of WIN Advisory services is offered exclusively to Women in News partners.
WIN media partners have demonstrated a clear commitment to promote gender equality within their media organizations through engagement with WAN-IFRA to enroll their high potential women editorial staff in WIN Capacity Building, and, participating in WIN advocacy events and/or gender-focused research.
To learn more about about how to become a WIN partner, please contact:
Fatemah Farag Director, WIN Arab Region email@example.com
Jane Godia, Director, WIN Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Teo, Director, WIN SEA email@example.com